Chemonics International Institutional Development/Governance Advisor
Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C., seeks a high-level specialist to lead the capacity building and institutional development component of an anticipated USAID-funded project focused on strengthening the Indonesian Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF) by leading a team of capacity building specialists. This four-year project will strengthen the MMAF through policy development, human resources, and PR and communications capacity building.
– At least ten years of general institution strengthening and partnership building expertise including a track record in effective institution strengthening, public policy development, public participation and partnership building with government at local and national levels.
– Proven experience in undertaking activities aimed at increased political support and access to financial resources for community and environmental improvement.
– Demonstrated understanding of decentralized Indonesian governance system including experience advising executive and legislative branches of local government in budgeting, planning, management of services and/or policy development.
– At least a Masters Degree in public financing, regional development, business administration, or similar fields.
– Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the technical and managerial responsibilities proposed.
– Working experience in developing countries; experience in Indonesia preferred.
– Strong English writing and speaking skills.
– Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia and knowledge of Indonesian culture highly recommended.
Interested applicants are requested to send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references (references will not be contacted prior to interview) to email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than March 29, 2010. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics International (www.chemonics.com) was founded in 1975 and is one of the largest U.S. consulting firms providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries for initiatives financed by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).